The Twelve Concepts of Service
The Twelve Concepts are guides for service. They show how Twelfth Step work can be done on a broad scale and how members of a World Service Office can relate to each other and to the groups, through a World Service Conference, to spread Al-Anon's message worldwide.
- The ultimate responsibility and authority for Al-Anon World Services belongs to the Al-Anon Groups.
- The Al-Anon Family Groups have delegated complete administrative and operational authority to their Conference and its service arms.
- The right of decision makes effective leadership possible.
- Participation is the key to harmony.
- The rights of appeal and petition protect minorities and assure that they be heard.
- The Conference acknowledges the primary administrative responsibility of the Trustees.
- The Trustees have legal rights while the rights of the Conference are traditional.
- The Board of Trustees delegates full authority for routine management of Al-Anon Headquarters to its executive committees.
- Good personal leadership at all service levels is a necessity. In the field of World Service the Board of Trustees assumes the primary leadership.
- Service responsibility is balanced by carefully defined service authority and double-headed management is avoided.
- The World Service Office is composed of selected committees, executives and staff members.
- The spiritual foundation for Al-Anon's World Services is contained in the General Warranties of the Conference, Article 12 of the Charter.
The General Warranties of the Conference
In all proceedings the World Service Conference of Al-Anon shall observe the spirit of the Traditions:
- That only sufficient operating funds, including an ample reserve, be its prudent financial principle;
- That no Conference member shall be placed in unqualified authority over other members;
- That all decisions be reached by discussion vote and whenever possible, by unanimity;
- That no Conference action ever be personally punitive or an incitement to public controversy;
- That though the Conference serves Al-Anon, it shall never perform any act of government; and that, like the fellowship of Al-Anon Family Groups which it serves, it shall always remain democratic in thought and action.
(Reprinted with permission. Copyrighted by the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., 1600 Corporate Landing Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA. 23454-5617)
|Monthly Business Meetings
Christ United Methodist Church
4488 Poplar Ave
Wilson Ross Hall
Memphis, TN 38117
2nd Thur of the month 6 pm
|For the Professional
|Thirty-six percent of Al-Anon members report that a professional influenced their decision to attend their first Al-Anon meeting. Your awareness and interest in our program is important to us.
[ For more information ]
|For the Media
|Journalists, editors, and other representatives of the media are invited to learn more about Al-Anon/Alateen.
[ For more information ]